If you’re looking for the best way to vacation with your friends and family, look no further than cruising! Cruising offers something for everyone, and it’s the perfect way to see multiple destinations without having to pack and unpack every time you reach a new port. Here are just a few of the reasons why cruising is the best way to vacation with your family and friends:
- Everyone is going to have a different budget for travel. A cruise ship shares the same activities, entertainment, and dining options for everyone whether you are staying in a smaller inside cabin or are lucky enough to have a luxurious suite. This allows everyone to spend time together at a price point they are comfortable with. Along with this…
- Have a cruiser in your group who is staying in a suite? Most cruise lines have appointed butlers and elevated service for their guests staying in a suite. One of the benefits (even if not advertised) is that the butler will arrange a private party for you and your extended friends and family to join you in your cabin for food, drinks, and enjoy the comfortably over-sized veranda too, of course.
- Built in babysitters! In our opinion, cruising with the family is the only way to vacation, but let’s be honest, it can be challenging at times. If you are traveling with a large group, someone is always excited to show your children a new treasure, take them to get a snack at the buffet (because they want one too…) or watch them in the swimming pool for a bit. They may not realize it at the time, but these are memorable bonding experiences that your children will always remember.
- No restaurants, dining times or food preferences to disagree about. After originally planning your group cruise, as long as everyone is in agreement to the preferred dining style (free-style, traditional, etc.), you won’t have to argue over dinner plans during the actual vacation! Make sure to link your reservations together so that the Maître D’ will assign your group to sit together, either at one large table or smaller tables right next to each other. Does a person in your party have a food allergy or preference, such as vegetarian or kosher? Not a problem – all tastes and food requirements can be handled within the same dining room.
- Everyone can have the vacation of their dreams. Not everyone always wants to do the same excursions, shows, or activities. Our philosophy is – it’s vacation for everyone – so everyone should be able to do what they enjoy! Have the conversation ahead of time that everyone is free to arrange their own daily activities (unless there are a few pre-planned ones for the group) and meet up for drinks in a lounge before heading to dinner together. Or meet up at breakfast every morning if you have some in the group who want to try dinner at the specialty restaurants. Ideally, set the expectation before getting on board so no one feels that they are abandoning the group if they choose to snorkel on their own, want to take a nap in the afternoon sun, or want to visit the casino instead of seeing the show.
We hope we’ve convinced you that cruising is a great way to vacation with your family and friends. There are so many benefits – from budget-friendly pricing to built in babysitters – that it’s hard to find a reason not to try it! If you’re still on the fence, be sure to check out our website for more information and get in touch with us to start planning your group cruise today!