When it comes time to buy a travel-loving friend or family member a gift, it’s easy to feel stuck on what to get. Journals are great — and if you’re looking for one, we love this one for that person who enjoys writing, and this one for someone who needs a little prompting to get started! But, not all travelers are journalers — so here are some unique takes on classic ideas for the various kinds of travelers in your life.
- For the foodie: send delicious global flavors right to their doorstep. works with top chefs from Argentina to Morocco and assembles gorgeous boxes filled with curated delicacies from each country. Delivered every month, each box contains descriptions for how to use the tasty and exotic flavors in your own recipes.
- For the well-accessorized: customize a favorite map to make , a , or a keyring. Have a special place you want to commemorate? Maybe the place of a first date, your honeymoon, or a favorite family destination? This can be a beautiful and deeply personal way to show your traveler that you know what matters to them most.
- For the crafty commemorator: check out this simple, beautiful way to with a map and thread. The map can be titled as well – depending on how crafty you are! Imagine a wall decorated with this graphic representation of wonderful adventures!
- For the traveler who has everything and wants to give back: Why not make a donation to a favorite cause in your traveler’s name? You can choose organizations that support environmental stewardship, advocate for people in crisis, promote education, or rescue endangered animals.
- For the traveler who’s always up for adventure: Give the gift of a lifelong great memory to someone you care about. At Experience Days, you can try everything from hang gliding to art lessons throughout the United States. Most cruise lines also have gift cards available for purchase that can be used to purchase on-shore excursions. What a great surprise for honeymooners or a friend’s next big adventure!
- For the gadget-junkie: this funky, is perfect for the tech-savvy traveling family and will help ensure everything stays running smoothly. For the hardcore gadget-junkie, what about these stylish vests, hoodies, and (for men and women) to hold everything from smartphones to keys to water bottles?
- For the photographer: If your friend is never without their smartphone or camera, why not make it easy for them to create beautiful, lasting photo albums, calendars, or prints of their best shots? At , they can connect directly with their Instagram account and assemble their most gorgeous memories.